Friday, April 13, 2012

I unplugged...and you can too!

Wow...just, wow.
I have to tell you how refreshing it was to take that time off last week!
No blogging...
No Facebook-ing...
Tweeting? Nope...
It was pretty darn wonderful!

I was able to just breathe a little.
I didn't have to worry about work (took the week off), got to enjoy time with the kids (they were on Spring Break), have a little "hubby and me" time (he didn't have to work either!), and just "unplug".

I had been feeling a little uninspired with my blog as well.  To tell you the truth, I thought it was the end of it.  I didn't have anything to say...I thought it was over.
But good thing all I needed was a break - a break from wondering if there were any comments, page views, likes, retweets...you get the picture.
I think you know exactly what I'm saying...

It was really interesting,
all of a sudden I was reading a bunch of blog posts about exactly how I was feeling.
And you know what?
I was happy...
Not that any of you were feeling that way, but that you were feeling that way, too.
That I wasn't alone in it all.

So you know what I'm thankful for today?
I was able to "unplug" and still came back.
My blog friendships didn't suffer from one week off.  It wasn't the end of the world...at all.
The blog is still alive and kicking.
This week has been so great in my little blog world.  You guys didn't abandon me just because I wasn't around for a little bit.
I've really felt the love!
{Thank you...for realz!}

So if you want to take a break for a couple of hours, days, weeks?
No worries - 
we'll all be here to welcome you back with open arms.

Go ahead...
Source: flickr.com via Renee on Pinterest

null

5 comments:

Claire Kiefer said...

I've never totally unplugged for a week (good for you!) but I understand what you mean about up and down blog inspiration. There are times when I am really lagging--posting infrequently, unmotivated, and then other times when I'm bursting with things to blog about. It's okay to take time away; sometimes that's what we need to be reinvigorated, I think! In any case, welcome back. :)

Manda Jane said...

I would be devastated if you ended this blog! so glad you got to unplug for a week! i'm looking forward to doing that on our Honeymoon! We all need to rest and re-charge and come back fresh!!

beth said...

oh you get your hinder back to blogging sweet friend! haha we missed you and breaks are always o.k.-but it's not o.k. to quit--what would we do then? come knockin at your door? um humm! and is that what you want? : ) (i live a long ways away, like a plane ticket away)- do not make me come up over there! welcome back! : ) xo beth

Emily Hope said...

I hope everyone takes a moment to read this. I think breaks are so important. I am thankful that you shared this.

Lauren said...

Sounds like a great idea. I'm going away next week (honeymoon!) and I am honestly really looking forward to being out of touch...no facebook, no blogging, no nothing. So happy you shared this :)